Thinking of getting your boiler replaced?
We know this sort of purchase isn’t one you make with your eyes closed, so we have put together a handy guide to getting a new boiler:
Why might I need to consider new boiler installation?
● Your boiler is no longer efficient enough
– Older systems will naturally be less efficient, meaning higher energy bills. Many boilers were only 60% efficient when installed, and over the years that efficiency would have reduced, so it may be in your best interest to look at a new boiler. New government legislation introduced this year means all new boilers installed from April 2018 will need an ErP efficiency rating of 92% or higher. These boilers will not only be more efficient giving you warmer homes but they are also much safer.
● Your boiler needs regular repairs and is no longer under warranty
– Sadly like anything in life, boilers can start to show signs of wear and tear and if your boiler is no longer covered by a warranty or guarantee this can become costly. If you are having to fork out for repairs on a regular basis it might be time to say goodbye and look at getting a new boiler installed.
● The boiler has been condemned and is irreparable
– if your boiler has been condemned by a Gas Safe Engineer it means your boiler could be dangerous or is not combusting properly, which can lead to fumes and emissions being released in your home. If the engineer has deemed your boiler unfit, he or she will have switched it off and made it safe. If they have told you it is irreparable your next step will be to get a quote for a new boiler to be installed. This is another reason why it is so important to have your boiler serviced regularly, as problems like this are picked up sooner.
● Parts no longer available
– Possibly the most common reason for needing to have a new boiler installed is the fact that older systems may no longer have the parts available for a repair. Whilst it may seem more cost effective to repair a broken boiler, if the parts are no longer manufactured this won’t be possible.
Which Boiler should I consider?
– Combination boilers also known as Combi boilers heat the water directly from the mains supply when you turn the tap on, so there is no need for a storage tank or hot water cylinder. This makes them very efficient as there is no need to constantly heat and store water.
– Often know as conventional, traditional or heat-only boilers. These boilers are linked to a water cylinder and also require space in a loft or area large enough to hold two storage tanks, one to feed the central heating and one to feed the hot water. This type of boiler is generally installed into older houses, where the property may have a more traditional heating and hot water system.
– A system boiler is similar to a regular boiler in that they are linked to a water cylinder, however, as more components are in the boiler such as the pump more is covered by the manufacturers guarantee.
How long does it take to install a new boiler?
This tends to depend on the age and type of your system, but typically a straightforward boiler installation will be completed within a day. However we can give you a better idea of time scales at the time of quoting.
How much is a new boiler likely to cost me?
The cost of a new boiler depends on several factors such as, which boiler type, the size of your property, whether you use gas, lpg or oil, and how many bathrooms you have. For a quick quote head over here to our website and click on ‘Get a quote’ for a rough idea.
Or for a free no obligation, and more detailed quotation please contact us on 01962 217917 or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why choose Roost Heating to do your Boiler Installation?
The Roost Heating team are polite and presentable, our engineers are DRB checked and we never use sub contractors.
See our code of conduct here
Meet the Roost Heating team here
As Worcester Bosch accredited installers we specialise in Worcester Bosch ‘which best buy’ boilers all offered with 10 year parts and labour guarantee* for complete peace of mind.
(*remember your boiler must be regularly serviced for the guarantee to stay validated).
Whether you’re looking for boiler repairs, boiler servicing or a brand new, brilliantly efficient boiler for a growing brood, we take pride in our workmanship and always offer the highest standards of quality. Roost Heating can deliver a solution to suit and service that will surpass your highest expectations.
Don’t just take our word for it though, visit our Checkatrade review page and see what some of our customers say about Roost Heating.
Here at Roost we love to give you the best deal possible, so why not follow us on facebook to keep up to date with our latest boiler servicing and installation offers.